RamDisk is causing a crashdump.dmp file

Started by scorpion

RamDisk is causing a crashdump.dmp file   11 December 2016, 02:30

HI there...

My system Specs:

MB: MSI X99S Gaming 9 ACK (Bios 2.90) (Raid Modified)
CPU: I7-5960x 8-core@4.4ghz Liquid Cooled (NZXT Kraken X61)
MEM: HyperX Predator 32GB DDR4 3000 RAM CL15 (XMP)
GPU: (2) EVGA GTX 980 (Super Clocked) ACX 2.0 (SLI)
Drives: (4) Western Digital-Enterprise 1 TB WD RE SATA 6Gb/s 7200 RPM 64 MB Cache (Raid 10)
PS: EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 T2 80+ TITANIUM, 1000W ECO Mode Fully Modular
Display: Acer G276HL 27" Full HD
Tower: Corsair Graphite Series 760T Full Tower Windowed Case - Black
UPS: CyberPower 1500 Watt

- OK...I was using a competitor Dataram RamDisk (very slow) but after doing some testing I found SoftPerfect RamDisk to be WAY WAY FASTER, OUTRAGEOUS NUMBERS IN CRYSTALMARK so I bought it.

- I created a 8Gb NTFS, Volatile RAM Disk...I had the Temp files, Windows Temp files, and Firefox Cache use the RamDisk.

- I have a problem with the program CONDUSIV UNDELETE, when I use it I get a CRASHDUMP.DMP file (NO BSOD) and the program will just not work.

- (I compressed the "CRASHDUMP.DMP" file but it is 22Mb in size, so I can't send it)

- I added the executable in the "APPLICATIONS" and that did not work.

- I then changed the "TEMP FOLDERS" to go right to the Hard Drive but I still get the CRASHDUMP.DMP file every time.

- I tried a 8Gb FAT32, Volatile RAM Disk and that did not work.

- The only solution that works is to UNINSTALL the SoftPerfect RamDisk....then everything works fine

- I installed the MSI RamDisk that comes with the MotherBoard.....(Faster than Dataram RamDisk) but it's just not as fast as SoftPerfect RamDisk. It is the KING of RamDisks!!

So that's the story...any suggestions??
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: RamDisk is causing a crashdump.dmp file   11 December 2016, 10:56

I would recommend to try ticking the Hard Disk Emulation option in the RAM Disk's properties and restart the computer.

Some applications don't work correctly without this option when a RAM Disk is emulated as a standalone drive. This option emulates a fully-functional hard disk drive, which is usually sufficient to fix compatibility issues.

If this doesn't help, it makes sense to contact the Condusiv guys with the crash dump. As far as I understand it's their app that crashes and we can't really do anything with a crash dump of someone else's program since we don't have its source code.

Re: RamDisk is causing a crashdump.dmp file   15 December 2016, 12:22

I tried as you suggested "Hard Disk Emulation" but I am still having problems. I have been working with Condusiv on this issue for a week now.

Once I uninstall SoftPerfect Ramdisk my computer runs fine and I get NO crashdump.dump files at all. I installed the MSI Ramdisk that came with my motherboard and have NO issues at all.

Since I am unable to use the software I would like to get a refund. How do I go about doing that.

Thank you for purchasing SoftPerfect software:
SoftPerfect RAM Disk - Home: Single computer
Your order details:
SoftPerfect RAM Disk - 1 item(s) - 29.00 USD
Order ID: 10192453
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: RamDisk is causing a crashdump.dmp file   15 December 2016, 15:33

Not a problem. I am sorry it didn't work for you as expected and I have provided a full refund.

You should see the funds back within a couple of business days.

Sometimes you can get the answer faster if you try the forum search and/or have a look at the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.