RAM Disk app forgets its licence

Started by Stefan H

Stefan H

RAM Disk app forgets its licence   29 January 2018, 17:35

Hello, I have a computer with 3 users and a ram disk drive. I bought a licence and entered the key. But after 1 or 2 days the software always loses the licence and I have to re-enter it. What may be the problem?
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: RAM Disk app forgets its licence   29 January 2018, 17:39

Issues of this kind are common when there is a third-party security software running on your computer (like an antivirus or all-in-one protection solution). This software place other applications, including our RAM Disk, in a so-called sandbox, isolated from the rest of the system. Being in a sandbox results in "forgetfulness" of the sandboxed app, as it is simply prevented from making and saving any changes, including the entered licence key.

Please check if there is a list of trusted applications or a white-list in your security software and add the RAM Disk app to it. If you are not sure where to find the required settings, please let me know what security software you have installed and we'll take a look at it.

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.