RAM Disk on Boot Camp

Started by Paul

Paul

RAM Disk on Boot Camp   21 June 2019, 10:21

Hi there,

Until today, I have been using Superspeed Ramdisk_x64. Now would like to purchase the SoftPerfect RAM Disk (latest version, payware). However, before I do so I am testing SoftPerfect RAM Disk version 3.4.8 (which was the last freeware version) on my machines.

Version 3.4.8 works well on a normal PC with Windows 10 Pro build 1809. But it does not work on a MacBook Pro running a BootCamp partition which I have installed Windows 10 Pro build 1809 on. I am unable to add a boot disk as described in this tutorial.

To buy the latest version of your RAM Disk software I would like to know if it works on a BootCamp partition. This is crucial for me. Thank you!

Greetings from Switzerland
Paul
SoftPerfect Support forum - Ann avatar image
Ann

Re: RAM Disk on Boot Camp   21 June 2019, 10:26

The latest version of our RAM Disk fully supports Boot Camp and works fine on Windows 10 running on Apple hardware. The only issue is that you may see an "Incorrect function" error message when accessing a RAM Disk, but this article describes a workaround.

Also, to test our software, you don't have to resort to using an old free version. RAM Disk offers a free 30-day trial, which means you can download and install the latest version, and use it for 30 days free of charge to make sure you are absolutely happy with it on your Mac + Boot Camp setup.

Please note that if you decide to install the latest version of RAM Disk, you would need to manually uninstall version 3.4.8 first.

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.