How to disable the "update period has expired" notification

Started by Jason

How do I get Softperfect RAM Disk to stop telling me my free update period has expired?

Thanks,
Jason
SoftPerfect Support forum - Ann avatar image
Ann

Re: How to disable the "update period has expired" notification   28 March 2020, 13:20

Starting from version 4.0.9 of the RAM Disk, there is an option to suppress further notifications.
In earlier versions, the notification pops up once every 3 months and does not affect the functionality of the RAM Disk in any way. If it is still undesirable, you can disable the notification via Windows registry:
  1. Make sure the RAM Disk app is not running: quit it via File - Exit in the main menu.
  2. Download this registry file, unzip it, and then import it by double-clicking the contained REG file. This will postpone the next reminder until year 2050.
Thank you!
Is there a solution that could apply automatically to all users rather than this one that has to be installed by each user?
SoftPerfect Support forum - Ann avatar image
Ann

Re: How to disable the "update period has expired" notification   29 March 2020, 10:04

It is only possible in the latest version (4.0.9) where we added a global setting for that, but not in prior versions. However, the users can either simply ignore these infrequent notifications, or use the registry solution offered above.

Alternatively, you can renew your licence with a discount (currently 50%) and upgrade to the latest version, which, besides that setting, also features significant performance improvements in the parallel I/O.

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.