Uninstallation crashes with a blue screen

Started by Juan

Juan

Uninstallation crashes with a blue screen   21 July 2021, 12:12

I installed Connection Emulator yesterday and used it a couple of times. My computer appears slow today, so I was trying to uninstall Connection Emulator to see if that fixes the problem. I have tried to uninstall twice, and both times Windows crashed with a blue screen. Do you have a procedure to manually uninstall?

Regards,
Juan
SoftPerfect Support forum - Ann avatar image
Ann

Re: Uninstallation crashes with a blue screen   21 July 2021, 12:23

Unfortunately it is hard to tell what's causing this. It may be the driver that is a part of Connection Emulator, though it is unlikely as we have not heard about BSODs for years. More likely it is some other driver in your system that is "surprised" by the removal of our driver from the networking stack.

Theoretically you could try unbinding the driver manually from network connections. For this, please access the Properties of each network connection and uninstall the driver as shown in the screen shot below. Then remove the software itself via Add/Remove Programs.

If that does not help, it may be easier just to keep the software in the system. It does not consume any resources when not used, and takes very little space.

SoftPerfect support forum

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.