Suggestion: custom exclusion list based on MAC address filter

Started by vijays

Hello,

I've been using WifiGuard for the past few months, and I have a few suggestions.

First: I've noticed that a device on my network (a mobile phone from China - InPro Comm), randomizes the last 6 digits of its MAC address. It is apparently a know problem as I have discovered other people having the same issue online. Because of this I get an alert every 30 minutes, regardless of the activity I'm involved in, i.e. full screen game (throws me to desktop), full screen video (throws to desktop), working ...etc. Everything else if WiFi Guard is fine.

So based on this, I would like to suggest the following things:
  1. A custom exclusion list, based on mac filter (000822* or 000822?????? or regex 000822.*) or vendor/host name (InPro Comm) or IP Address (i.e. it's fixed in the network)
  2. An option to disable notification (i.e. I just want a log, rather than be notified)
  3. A different style of notification that doesn't interrupt full screen apps (traytip?)
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Suggestion: custom exclusion list based on MAC address filter   11 January 2016, 23:25

Thank you for your feedback. I think suggestion #1 is a great idea and we've just implemented it. Download the latest update and let me know how it works for you.

Regarding features #2 and #3 perhaps we can implement it at a later stage. With the newly added partial matching feature you should stop getting false alerts for the same device anyway.

SoftPerfect support forum
Thanks for the awesome and unexpectedly quick turnaround. I've already installed it! I'll let you know if I encounter any problems.
No problems. I can report that it is working fine. Thanks!
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Suggestion: custom exclusion list based on MAC address filter   14 January 2016, 19:47

Great, thanks! We'll include this into the next release.

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.