Error: The ordinal 3882 could not be located in the dynamic link library

Started by DocH

No matter what I try, it will not run on Win 8.1 64bit.
After install this comes up:

WiFiGuard.exe-Ordinal Not Found.
The ordinal 3882 could not be located in the dynamic link library c:\Program Files\GPAC\ssleay32.dll.

I can run the portable version, but only in 32bit.
Ideas?
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: "Ordinal Not Found" error   07 August 2014, 17:12

WiFi Guard does not require OpenSSL and uses it only if it's available. In your system there is one.
I guess WiFi Guard attempted to load those DLLs from the c:\Program Files\GPAC folder because it's in the system %PATH% variable. If you remove this folder from %PATH%, WiFi Guard won't try to use it.
Charlotte Simmons

"Invalid Character" error   12 November 2014, 05:59

I think I have a similar problem, but don't know how to remove the folder you are talking about. I don't have a GPAC folder and I am not sure what "system %PATH% variable" is.

My error report (which I can only read part of) says:
In ..../Users/Charlotte/AppData/Local/Wifi%20Guard/Wi... (line 1pos 1) Invalid Character. Press OK to ignore and risk data corruption. Press Cancel to kill the program.

I have tried pressing both and both kill the program.
Also I don't know if this is relevant, but recently I went into my Internet settings and disabled SSL 2.0 and enabled SSL 3.0
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: "Invalid Character" error   12 November 2014, 10:08

It looks to me like the config file was damaged. Try closing the application, locating and deleting the following file: C:\Charlotte\David\AppData\Local\WiFiGuard\WiFi Guard.cfg
Then start WiFi Guard again. You may have to turn on showing hidden files to access that folders.
Charlotte Simmons

Re: "Invalid Character" error   12 November 2014, 15:07

You are good! Thank you so much. That appears to have taken care of the problem. (I had even deleted the program twice and re downloaded and continued to get the error... but good for now).
Thanks again for your help.

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.