Feature request: To see IP addresses in All Devices

Started by rodolfogiovanninetti

rodolfogiovanninetti

Feature request: To see IP addresses in All Devices   18 February 2015, 02:18

I would like to see a new feature in WiFi Guard, meaning the IP addresses in All Devices.

I run the software, it finds some devices, I close the software... When I run it the next time, in All Devices I can find the previous list. But, in this listing I do not see IP addresses.
So, if the first time I forgot to Save from the File menu, now I do not have this information about devices that were found. I mean, I can see that it had found five 3com devices, but what were they? Instead, with IP addresses I could try to reach them with a browser, or telnet, or SSH.

Thank You and regards,
Rodolfo Giovanninetti
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Feature request: To see IP addresses in All Devices   18 February 2015, 08:49

The All Devices list doesn't keep any IP addresses because it's a record of devices seen on the network. This could be a while ago and the devices may have changed their IP addresses more than once.

If you want to see an up-to-date list of IP addresses, you have to rescan the network.
rodolfogiovanninetti

Re: Feature request: To see IP addresses in All Devices   18 February 2015, 17:45

I understand, this is why I asked for a new feature.
I have devices such as switches that have a fixed IP address. Doing a scan takes a very long time in a big network. So, please consider adding this new feature to the wish-list.

Thank You again and regards,
Rodolfo Giovanninetti
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Feature request: To see IP addresses in All Devices   18 February 2015, 18:41

Makes sense then. We'll consider adding it.

You may also be interested in our Network Scanner that many find useful in network management.

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.