Feature request: Run WiFi Guard as a service

Started by victorw

victorw

Feature request: Run WiFi Guard as a service   19 January 2016, 06:50

Hello,

I love WiFi Guard. I use it for my own LAN and it works great. However, I would also like to use it for a lot of other networks that I manage, and the best way to do that would be to run it as a service on a Windows server. So far, I've tried to get it to run as a service on Server 2012 R2 by using svrany.exe from the Windows Server Resource Kit Tools. But no matter what I do, I

cmd> sc create WiFiGuard binpath= "C:\Windows\System32\WiFiGuard\svrany.exe" type= own typer= interact start=auto DisplayName= "WiFiGuard"

Then in regedit, I add to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\WiFiGuard\Paramaters\ a string value called "Application" = "C:\Windows\System32\WiFiGuard\WiFiGuard.exe"

I've gotten many other programs to run as a service this way, but with WiFi Guard, when I try to start the service, I get an error message that says "The WifiGuard service on Local Computer started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they are not in use by other services or programs."

Any suggestions? Or could the program be changed in future versions to allow it to run as a service?

Thanks,
victorw
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Feature Improvement Request: Run WiFi Guard as a Service   19 January 2016, 22:09

At the moment there is no plan to rewrite WiFi Guard as a service.

Is that the portable version you are trying to run as a service?
victorw

Re: Feature request: Run WiFi Guard as a service   29 January 2016, 05:45

No, not the portable version, the installed version.

I guess I'll just look into other platforms then. Thanks.

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.