SoftPerfect WiFi Guard

Some devices not detected after macOS update

Started by Valerie

Valerie

Some devices not detected after macOS update   14 November 2019, 17:02

After the most recent macOS Catalina update, WiFi Guard on my iMac no longer displays some of my devices that it used to detect before. I also have WiFi Guard installed on a Windows PC, and it still discovers and displays all my devices with no problems at all.

Is this issue related to something Apple broke/changed in the latest update? Or am I overlooking some important setting in macOS WiFi Guard?
SoftPerfect Support forum - Ann avatar image
Ann

Re: Some devices not detected after macOS update   14 November 2019, 17:15

This missing device issue is indeed caused by the latest macOC Catalina update. Apple decided to make some changes in ARP format, which caused certain network functions to break.

We received messages from other users describing identical problems over the past few days, and currently working on finding a solution. We will post an update here once a fix is available.
SoftPerfect Support forum - Ann avatar image
Ann

Re: Some devices not detected after macOS update - Solved   15 November 2019, 08:54

Solution: please download the new build of WiFi Guard and replace your already installed copy. After that, everything should again work properly and all devices should be discovered.
Thank you for the prompt response!
It has fixed the problem. Now iMac WiFi Guard detects all my devices, exactly like the PC. Everything works great ok, yes, thumb up
Perfect, SoftPerfect! smile All excellent now. Thank you for fixing this so quickly.

I only wish Apple would stop wrecking things in every update...

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.