Some options are not available on Mac

Started by Peggy

Peggy

Some options are not available on Mac   09 December 2019, 23:23

Hello,

Some options in the app are not available and are disabled on macOS on my iMac, such as "Start automatically with the operation system" and "Automatically check for new versions".
SoftPerfect Support forum - Ann avatar image
Ann

Re: Some options are not available on Mac   09 December 2019, 23:27

These options are not available in some configurations. In particular, the Auto-Start feature is only currently implemented in Windows version of WiFi Guard. If you want WiFi Guard to open automatically on your Mac, please add it as a login item as explained in this Apple's article: Open items automatically when you log in on Mac

The check for updates option is not available in WiFi Guard downloaded from the AppStore. The reason for that is the AppStore manages app installations and will automatically download updates whenever available. The app file offered for download on our site has that option enabled.
Peggy

Another WiFi network with the same name   10 December 2019, 12:09

Thank you for replying.
Does the WiFi Guard protect against ARP wifi attacks like MITM and evil twin?
Lately I noticed another wifi with the same name, I did change it but it happened again later. If SoftPerfect WiFi Guard does not have this option, can you suggest a good protection app for iMac?
Thanks in advance
SoftPerfect Support forum - Ann avatar image
Ann

Re: Another WiFi network with the same name   10 December 2019, 15:26

WiFi Guard does not protect you from MITM or Evil Twin. I don't know any software that would, it's a rather complex issue that cannot be simply dealt with by the means of an app.

Having said that, if you see two WiFi networks with the same name, it most likely means that your router is dual-band. Dual-band routers broadcast the same network name at two frequencies: 2.4 Ghz (older and slower standard but compatible with more devices) and 5 Ghz (newer and faster standard). You can check your router's settings to make sure that's the case, and if so, you can connect to either network safely.

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.