Trial vs Licensed

Started by WindowsStar

Trial vs Licensed   16 April 2015, 07:19

Andrew,

I am assuming that the trial version without the license key is the same version as when you have a key. If that is the case I have a few questions before purchasing. If not then are my questions limitations of the trial version.

1) We have stacked Cisco switches will this show all the information for the entire stack? The test only show 10 ports on switch 1.
2) Looks like the trial version does not pick up MAC addresses, yet they are in the switch. Is there a special setup to retrieve the MAC?
3) Wrong information in trial version. Reports port 1/0/10 has 456014651 errors but looking at the switch there are 0? ??

As always Thanks - WindowsStar
Attachments:
open | download – Switch Port Scanner 1 (2015-04-15) Small.jpg (84.9 KB)
open | download – Switch Port Scanner 2 (2015-04-15).jpg (98 KB)
open | download – Switch Port Scanner 3 (2015-04-15).jpg (56.7 KB)
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Trial vs Licensed   16 April 2015, 18:20

The trial and full version are supposed to work in exactly the same way, except for one difference: the trial version displays up to 10 ports.

In order to find out why this is happening, could you please do the following?

1. Download the Net-SNMP package (binaries for Windows).
  2. Then locate 'snmpwalk' and launch it as
    snmpwalk -v 1 -c public x.x.x.x > sometextfile.txt

This will dump a complete SNMP tree and I can check what information is available in the output to trace back why it does not yield results. So please send me that file for analysis.

Re: Trial vs Licensed   21 April 2015, 03:59

Did the information I sent via email help? Thanks -WS

Re: Trial vs Licensed   21 April 2015, 15:55

It did, please see my reply in the Contact Centre.

Re: Trial vs Licensed   22 April 2015, 00:39

Andrew

I may not have the correct email address on file. I have gone through several changes over the last 6 months, I will look at my settings and see which email address I used and update it. Would you provide the ID number? Thanks -WS

Update: Email address is correct. However systems states no tracking IDs when I ask it to send it to my email address. Thanks -WS

Re: Trial vs Licensed   22 April 2015, 09:40

The e-mail used in the help desk system was ntmsce****@yahoo.com. Just put it there and you will get the tracking ID. I can't post it here as it will let anyone access it.

Re: Trial vs Licensed   23 April 2015, 07:22

Ah, typo in email address it is ntmcse*******@yahoo.com. That is why I cannot see the IDs..when you get a chance if you would fix the email address I think we will all be good. laugh

Re: Trial vs Licensed   23 April 2015, 09:32

Done. Please use the Contact Centre to obtain the ID and we continue the conversation there.

Sometimes you can get the answer faster if you try the forum search and/or have a look at the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.