Filter consolidation

Started by r1993r

Filter consolidation   15 October 2021, 19:45

Hi,

Is it at all possible to have multiple filters within the same field to reduce to amount of duplicated individual filters?

So, for example, we like to filter out all non-user interfaces, which would include things like the Port Name containing VLAN, Null, TenGig, but currently doing this maxes out all available filters (hard limit of 5). If all of this could be combined within the same text filed, perhaps separated by a space, colon, or other delimiter, this would only consume a single filter.
Port Name     Doesn't Contain     vlan:Null:0/0:TenGig
Being able to then maybe save this filter would also be awesome, as we tend to apply it to all of our views, as most of the time we are just interested in looking at the interfaces that contain end user devices.

As always, a big thanks for such an awesome product, support and receptiveness to suggestions!

Cheers
Attachments:
open | download – filter.JPG (73.9 KB)
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Filter consolidation   18 October 2021, 12:11

Thank you for the suggestions. I think it's best if multi-value matching is done with regular expressions. This way it's not only easy to include/exclude certain strings in a single filter, but more complex filters can also be made.

We have added regex support in filters in the latest builds. In a regex multiple matching alternatives are separated with a vertical bar, so you can do something like this. For the opposite effect, choose Not Matches Regex:

SoftPerfect support forum

Recently used filters are automatically saved and can be accessed from View - Recent Filters menu:

Finally under Manage Filters you can edit the filters and mark some filters as favourite by clicking the grey dot, so they will not be pushed out by newer filters:

Please download the new builds and let me know how this works for you.

Re: Filter consolidation   06 December 2021, 21:14

Hi Andrew, sorry for my late response, I had to take some extended time off work.

WOW... fantastic, works perfectly... thank you very much!

You also beat me to it with the option to manage these filters smile

CHEERS ok, yes, thumb up

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.