Configurable delay, or a history pane

Started by Chico

Chico

Configurable delay, or a history pane   17 October 2020, 19:58

Hi again!

I wish there was a configurable delay when showing processes connecting. (Or a history pane with configurable time span, last hour, last day or something like that).

I did a test with a tool that does a lot of very short requests/connects to the outside world. The tool flashes up in the main display for a second, then disappears.
If I wasn't deliberately looking at the main console when it ran, I would never know that it did something.

Had a quick look at the SQLite db, and the tool is registered there. I guess I could make some reports or something based on that, but it would be convenient to have in the main console and not have to make some scheduled reporting task on the db itself.

Regards,
Chico
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Configurable delay, or a history pane   18 October 2020, 14:04

Sorry, that's not something we have in our plans. Processes that run for a short time are only shown as long as they live. After that, the application usage information is available in the Usage section.

If you need a detailed log of what application connected to the Internet and when it did that, I am afraid NetMaster is not the right choice. You probably need a dedicated firewall with logging functionality instead.

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.