Service conflict with VPN

Started by Fros Vonex

Fros Vonex

Service conflict with VPN   26 December 2020, 19:01

Whenever I connect with Windows 10 IKEv2 VPN connection while NetGenius NMCore service is running in the background, VPN gets connected but the internet connection drops every time. After stopping NMService, VPN connection successfully establishes and the internet starts working. Is it bug, or I am missing something? Pease tell me how to fix it. Thanks in advance
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Service conflict with VPN   26 December 2020, 21:50

NetGenius and VPN clients often conflict with each other, as they are based on the same principle. Both VPN clients and NetGenius attempt to capture Internet traffic for processing, so when one application succeeds in doing so, the other one usually fails.

For example, if NetGenius captures Internet traffic first before a VPN client does, the VPN client may not see any data and disconnect. Likewise, if a VPN client captures Internet traffic first, NetGenius may not see any data and not record any activity.

Unfortunately there is no solution for this problem at the moment.

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.