Module NGCore.exe error

Started by Colin

Colin

Module NGCore.exe error   14 July 2021, 15:12

Hello,
I am getting this error on install:

Exception EAbort in module NGCore.exe at 00000000003FAC27. Operation aborted.

I thought it might be a firewall issues. I am using Windows Firewall and Antivirus. I tried turning it off as best I could, and reinstalling. But getting same error.

Any thoughts on what may be the issue?

SoftPerfect Support forum - Ann avatar image
Ann

Re: Module NGCore.exe error   14 July 2021, 15:19

It seems that for some reason the NetGenius service could not start within 1 minute. I recommend trying to start the installed service manually. For that click Win + R, type "services.msc", then locate NetGenius service and try starting it. Let us know what happens when you start it manually.

Another thing that may help to find the cause of this problem is to check if there is an error message recorded in the database. Please compress the C:\ProgramData\SoftPerfect\NetMaster folder into a ZIP file and send it to us. Please note that it's under ProgramData, not Program Files. You may need to enable the display of hidden folders to be able to access it.
Colin

Re: Module NGCore.exe error   14 July 2021, 15:26

Thank you for the reply.
I get this warning message when trying to start the service.

The NetGenius Traffic Processing service on Local Computer started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they are not in use by other services or programs.

But weirdly, I rebooted once, still had the problem. Then rebooted again and it was working fine for the first time. Then rebooted again and get the same error.

I am very confused. This is a brand new computer, ASUS. Is it possibly BIOS issues? Or firewall or antivirus thing?

The requested folder: [NetGenius.zip]
Ann

Re: Module NGCore.exe error   14 July 2021, 15:35

Unfortunately there was nothing useful in the log. However, since you said it worked fine once after a reboot, it may be another service or start-up activity that conflicts with NetGenius.

Try going to the Services control panel and changing NetGenius service Startup type to Automatic (Delayed Start). This will start the service a little later after a reboot and hopefully fix the issue.

SoftPerfect support forum
Colin

Re: Module NGCore.exe error   14 July 2021, 15:40

Thank you!
I tried it, but it did not help. Maybe I should go through the list, turn off services one by one, and see if I can find the conflict?
Colin

Re: Module NGCore.exe error   14 July 2021, 15:44

Found. When I stopped the running service "Dante Via Manager", I was able to run NetGenius. So this must be a conflict with DANTE.

Dante Via takes Dante Audio and allows Dante Audio in and out of the computer to the DANTE network.

Dante is an audio protocol for Ethernet:
www.audinate.com/products/software/dante-via
www.audinate.com/products/software/dante-controller

Any ideas on what my be conflicting?
Ann

Re: Module NGCore.exe error   14 July 2021, 16:10

Thank you for the information. It is indeed the case: somehow Dante service conflicts with NetGenius network driver.

It seemingly depends on the order they are started in. We were able to set Dante services to be launched as delayed, while NetGenius service starts without delay. Rebooted a few times for testing, and everything worked well every time.

Please try configuring the three Dante services to be delayed and NetGenius service not to be delayed. This way our NetGenius will start before Dante and both seem to work fine then. Below is a screen shot of this configuration.

It may take us a while to get to the bottom of this issue, but this should be a valid workaround for the time being:

SoftPerfect support forum
Colin

Re: Module NGCore.exe error   16 July 2021, 14:31

Thanks for the details. There must be more to the conflict as I was not able to pass audio traffic over Dante with NetGenius installed. I had to uninstall both NetGenius and Dante, then reinstall Dante to get it back working.
Ann

Re: Module NGCore.exe error   16 July 2021, 14:33

It does look like a complex issue. I recommend postponing using NetGenius until we get the bottom of this conflict. This may take a while, and it is unfortunately not guaranteed that we will be able fix it.
Colin

Re: Module NGCore.exe error   16 July 2021, 14:34

Yes, no problem. I went back to NetWorx already.
I will use NetGenius on my laptop. Thank you for making it.

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.