No computers are monitored (main window list is empty)

Started by Tage

Hi.
I have a free trial version of NetGenius. The program in running, and its service is running and listed in services.msc. However there are no computers, applications or processes shown in its main window. The list is totally empty. And when I click the "Connect to..." button, the drop-down list of computers there is also empty.
How can I get the computer I want to monitor to display in that list?
SoftPerfect Support forum - Ann avatar image
Ann

Re: No computers are monitored (main window list is empty)   04 August 2021, 10:11

It sounds like your connection was removed, perhaps accidentally. You can re-add it and re-connect.

For that, click the Connect to... button, and type localhost in the name field (and the password if you had set it). Then click Ok to connect to your computer. Please make sure the word localhost is entered precisely like this, without spaces or other alterations.
Thank you!
Normally it could find my host name, but this time entering it manually helped.
In addition, I need to enter my license key code. So now we are in business smile

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.