How to find out if my surveillance camera is using LAN or WAN

Started by Tage

Hi.
Can NetGenius help me to find out whether my Blue Iris security surveillance camera is using LAN or WAN?
I want to know if the camera is sending data only within my home network or out to the internet.
Thank you.

SoftPerfect support forum
SoftPerfect Support forum - Ann avatar image
Ann

Re: How to find out if my surveillance camera is using LAN or WAN   25 August 2022, 11:21

IP addresses in the ranges 10.0.0.0-10.255.255.255, 172.16.0.0-172.31.255.255 and 192.168.0.0-192.168.255.255 are reserved for private networks. In other words, there are millions of devices in the world with the same addresses, and neither you nor your devices can be identified by these IP addresses beyond your local network.

In your case, all addresses associated with your security camera are 10.0.0.X, i.e. within the 10.0.0.0-10.255.255.255 private IPv4 address range. This means that all your camera connections are within your LAN.

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.