Pressing the same key twice causes error messages

Started by perfectchu

Pressing the same key twice causes error messages   04 September 2022, 20:57

Hi,

I'm getting error messages when I press the same key twice in quick succession in the Main or usage Window.

Windows 10 21H2 x64

Main:

Access violation at address 0000000000985019 in module 'NGGUl.exe'. Read of address 0000000000000000.

Usage:

Node must not be nil.
(G:\[Dev]\common\VTT\Source\VirtualTrees.pas, line 33743)

Thank you.
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Pressing the same key twice causes error messages   05 September 2022, 11:43

Thank you for reporting this issue. There was indeed a bug in the incremental search implementation.

We have just fixed it and you are welcome to download the latest build here.

Pressing the same key twice causes error messages - Fixed   05 September 2022, 20:35

Installed the pre-release (05 Sep 2022) version over the release v1.1.0 and and I'm not getting the errors anymore. But if the item in the list starts with a double character (e.g., ssh.exe), it does not match.

Also pre-release version didn't remove the old toolbar extension.
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Pressing the same key twice causes error messages - Fixed   06 September 2022, 15:07

Thank you for the feedback. The fact that the search doesn't match the double-letter words like "ssh" seems to be due to a bug in the underlying tree control. Unfortunately it cannot be fixed easily, but you could instead type what you need to find in the search box:

SoftPerfect support forum

Regarding the taskbar toolbar, it is not automatically removed, but is simply deactivated. It will be completely removed when you uninstall the software.

Re: Pressing the same key twice causes error messages - Fixed   06 September 2022, 19:44

Thank you, I totally missed the Find Box.

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.