User disables proxy and puts the IP address of proxy on their NIC gateway

Started by Naveed Ahmed

I'm using SoftPerfect Bandwidth Manager software on wingate machine. When my user put the proxy IP address and port on internet explorer, bandwidth manager works perfectly. But when they disable proxy and put the IP address of proxy on their NIC gateway, the bandwidth manager doesn't work. I configured bandwidth manager rules IP and port based, the rule is applied on all ports.
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: User disables proxy and puts the IP address of proxy on their NIC gateway   23 May 2006, 19:27

Please clarify what you mean by saying 'does not work'. Does it not throttle traffic, or something else?
I also need to have a look at your full set of rules: you can export them to an .xml file and attach to your message.
when my user put the proxy IP address and port on internet explorer bandwidth manager works perfectly but when they disable proxy and put the IP address of proxy on their N.I.C gateway, the bandwidth manager doesn't work (bandwidth manager rules not works, users bypass the rules)

Attachments: naveed.zip (979 bytes)

Re: User disables proxy and puts the IP address of proxy on their NIC gateway   23 May 2006, 22:30

This is correct behaviour. When users bypass the proxy, their IP packets are directed to the Internet, not to the proxy host.
Simply set each rule's Destination to Any IP Address instead of Local host, and it will start working.
Users not bypass the proxy every users shows in wingate (proxy), users bypass the bandwidth manager rule

Re: User disables proxy and puts the IP address of proxy on their NIC gateway   24 May 2006, 00:05

Just change the bandwidth manager rules as suggested above to catch those users.
Thanks Andrew. You are the greatest, it works excellent now!

Sometimes you can get the answer faster if you try the forum search and/or have a look at the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.