Stopping another PC stealing Internet from our network

Started by Raluka

Hy!
First of all....great software... smile
My problem...I built a small (6 PCs) network for which i share a cable connection under WinXPSP2. I use BM to limit some traffic..
Lately I discovered that one of their client PC is forwarding the connection to another 2 PC. I blocked the MAC address of these 2PCs, so everything is OK. But now I wonder if I could create some rules under BM so that only these 6 "legitimate" PCs have access to the Internet using their MAC addresses...whenever another PC tries to "steal" Internet from our network, BM automatically detects that it has a MAC address that doesn't correspond with the only ones I allow to connect, so it is blocked automatically...

I hope You understand what I'm trying to achieve :p

I wait for answer.

Bye!

Re: Stopping another PC stealing Internet from our network   29 May 2006, 15:01

1. Create a MAC/IP group (see the tools menu) containing the 6 legitimate mac addresses.
2. Specify this group in the source or destination field of the all the relevant 'allow' rules.
3. Create a catch-all 'Blocked' rule with the source/destination set to 'any ip address' and make sure it is at the bottom of the rules list.

Also bear in mind that mac's are easily forged...

Sometimes you can get the answer faster if you try the forum search and/or have a look at the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.