Monitor last 24 hours of rolling usage

Started by maskawisewin

Monitor last 24 hours of rolling usage   21 April 2016, 15:27

My ISP in my residence at school has a 10 GB limit every 24 hours. Once the usage from 24 hours is freed up, your quota increases. If I go over, I'm reduced from 100/100 megabit down to ~15/15 kilobytes until the quota drops below 10 gigs again, which could take up to 24 hours! It's an excruciating punishment and you can barely do homework with those speeds. Is there any way this feature could be implemented? Thanks!
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Monitor last 24 hours of rolling usage   21 April 2016, 15:58

This feature is already present:

SoftPerfect support forum

SoftPerfect support forum

Re: Monitor last 24 hours of rolling usage   21 April 2016, 17:11

Thank you!

Re: Monitor last 24 hours of rolling usage   21 April 2016, 21:04

I don't suppose there's a feature implemented where you can reset quota if the IP address changes? I've looked but didn't see any. smile
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Monitor last 24 hours of rolling usage   21 April 2016, 21:19

Whose or which IP address?

Re: Monitor last 24 hours of rolling usage   21 April 2016, 23:44

After doing a bit more reading, if the MAC address of my router changes it would be nice if the quota could reset for the 24 hour period. It's a trick we use on campus to reset the 10 GB limit, however you can only do it once or twice a day otherwise they'll pull the plug on the student after a couple of warnings. Then you gotta go confess your sin to get it turned back on. wink

Not a huge deal. It's easy enough to reset the counter. It would be nice if it were automatic, that's all.
Nic

Re: Monitor last 24 hours of rolling usage   22 April 2016, 15:04

Wow! What is that you are doing at your school?? 10GB a day, repeatedly used up.... smile
I have 40GB a month and have never managed to get over limit. And that's me studying --doing 2 degrees-- and working full time from home over the Internet.

Re: Monitor last 24 hours of rolling usage   22 April 2016, 16:22

Nic

studying --doing 2 degrees-- and working full time from home over the Internet.

Yeah, one degree and I'm a sponsored student so I don't pay anything, including living expenses. I'm sure you can guess this is not in the USA. I have a 21 TB RAID 5 server I bought from a summer job. It has 18 TB of usable space after RAID stripping. I hook up Sonarr and Couchpotato to it so everything automatically downloads. The Netflix we have here sucks so I created something better on my own. Not like I have much time to watch TV or movies, but it's nice to have the stuff there when I have spare time.

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.