Losing internet connection

Started by JohnM

JohnM

Losing internet connection   06 December 2005, 07:24

Hi,

I downloaded the latest trial of SoftPerfect Bandwidth Manager and after I reboot my computer I'm unable to connect to the internet. The internet firewall is disabled and and the Sygate Firewall is stopped.
I have the same problem on two computers. Both have Windows XP SP2. I checked for a log in the installation directory but there isn't any.

So what could be the reason that I can't connect to the internet?

Thanks,

John.
JohnM

Re: Losing internet connection   06 December 2005, 07:27

Btw, I read in another thread: "At the moment we know that the SoftPerfect Bandwidth Manager is not compatible with Sygate personal firewall".

I want to remind you that Sygate Firewall is disabled; its service is set to disabled and after a reboot I'm still unable to connect to the internet.
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Losing internet connection   07 December 2005, 00:14

Unfortunately this is not enough. When the Sygate firewall is disabled, its kernel remains unloaded that causes a conflict with our software. The Sygate NDIS driver makes a dirty hook by modifying the TCPIP.SYS module image. This makes co-existence with Sygate very difficult.
patrick

Re: Losing internet connection   01 January 2006, 09:17

losing internet connection when pop up appear from micrisoft
Emmanuel de la Rocha

Re: Losing internet connection   24 January 2006, 05:10

I'm having the same problem but i don't have this firewall i install the service and when the pc reboots it can't connect to the entire network, and when i uninstall the service everything gets back to normal

Sometimes you can get the answer faster if you try the forum search and/or have a look at the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.