BWM upload problem

Started by Vasi

Vasi

BWM upload problem   02 January 2006, 21:47

Hello!

I have a problem with BWM...My PC is a windows XP Server with an Internet Connection ( Cable Modem, USB). I use BWM to limit the speed of 5 clients who use my ICS to connect to the internet. My broblem is....how do I limit the upload speed of the server? I use the server to upload tones of data, but the upload slows my download speed....I want to create a rule to limit my upload speend without affecting my download speed. I tried to create such a rule but as a secundary effect my download speed was also decreased togeather with my upload speed. Could You please help me?

Thank You!
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: BWM upload problem   02 January 2006, 22:50

That's not a simple question. In general, you may try enabling the 'Transmit short TCP ACK frames with no queue' option in the bandwidth manager options, and then create a rule limiting outgoing bandwidth on the modem interface. Note that all the users who upload data through the ICS connection also will be affected.

Sometimes you can get the answer faster if you try the forum search and/or have a look at the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.