How to share the Internet connection equally

Started by unlawful_pub

unlawful_pub

How to share the Internet connection equally   05 September 2008, 18:23

Hi,

Can you tell me please how to make a rule to equally NAT the connection EVENLY to my 25 users. I don't want to add so much rules so I was thinking is it possible to make the BWM create a rule for equal speed for the 25 users.

I'm using win2k 2003 and my network perfectly working. I just need the rule set. Currently evaluating your BWM product. My business is Internet Cafe so I need to restrict some user using p2p too, another rule either to block totally the connection of p2p program(i.e limewire, kazaa and other p2p sharing)

Let me clear to my queries:
1. One rule to distribute the connection equally to my 25 computer on the network (First Rule)
2. To block or to limit p2p applications (Second Rule)
3. Limit the Video/Audio Online Streaming (Third Rule)

AND is it possible also to see what type of programs/applications/services that my users is currently running on each pc AND a command to terminate a program that they are using.

Thank you so much
Rakesh

Share internet Connection Evenly   03 February 2011, 19:22

did you manage to find a solution. i am also looking for a way to evenly distribute the interent bandwidth to users on a hotspot, means that there may be a number of different laptops using it. which i cant keep adding rules for because that laptop may never come back to use the hotspot. i dont nessesarly need to block ports or use of p2p but i need to make it so that if there are 5 users the bandwidth is shared equally and if one more user joins or leaves the network is recalculated and shared equally. please let me know if you got anything

Share internet Connection Evenly   04 February 2011, 03:31

Here is what we do to handle this, we use the add batch option under rules. Create rules for a number of specific ip addresses in a range, the same range your dhcp server hands out. We also have a rule that limits bandwidth based on protocol used, ptp is an option. Then for your video/audio online streaming, you could have a rule that just limits any/any to a certain bandwidth. That would catch anything that the first 2 rules does not catch, and give them whatever bandwidth you set.
To see what they are using, put wireshark or another sniffer on and sniff their traffic....
syQic

Share internet Connection Evenly   04 May 2011, 22:10

Hi there,

Can you tell me how to make a rule to equally NAT the connection EVENLY to all my client PC. I don't want to add so much rules or specific BW limit (in KB), so I was thinking is it possible to make the BWM create a rule for equal speed for all my client PC based on how many client PC online. For example:

If 2 client PC online: they will get 50% of BW each
If 4 client PC online: they will get 25% of BW each and so on

In other word, BW for each client PC getting is the total BW divided by how many client PC online.

In equation: BW (for each Client PC) = Total BW / No. of Client PC online

This is because I don't want to waste my BW if no all client PC online.

Thank you so much.

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can get the answer faster if you try the forum search and/or have a look at the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.