2.9.16 Quota Rest

Started by kiwi_rock

2.9.16 Quota Rest   02 March 2010, 14:13

Hi Andrew,

I went to do a manual quota reset via the filter in question today, however the rest button didn't seem to do anything. I tried re-starting the GUI on my WinXP machine but it says the quotas still haven't reset.

Normally they reset once a month by themselves, however this month there's enough spare bandwidth to give some away, hence I thought I'd reset a few filters, but can't.

Service on Win2K Pro SP4.

Cheers,
Gaivn.
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

2.9.16 Quota Rest (not working)   03 March 2010, 09:29

Hi Gavin,

Most likely this is because the actual effect of clicking Reset depends on which tab of the rule is chosen. If you click reset when ...

General tab is active, then only rule summary in and out values are reset.
Daily Data tab is active, then only daily usage records are reset.
Quota Usage tab is active, then only quotas' usage is reset.

I know, this not evident sad So just switch to the third tab and it should work fine.

2.9.16 Quota Rest (not working)   03 March 2010, 09:37

Hi Andrew,

Yes I'm aware of this. I clicked on the Quota Usage tab, clicked on "Reset", then clicked yes to reset.

I just tried it again. The client talks to the server in the other room, but the quota does not reset. It remains over used.

I tried clicking refresh after resetting the quota and this makes no difference. It won't reset.

Gavin.

2.9.16 Quota Rest (not working)   03 March 2010, 09:39

If I go to reset all rules, and choose only quota's, the quota's reset correctly this way.

But they still won't reset in the Quota Usage tab of the individual filters.

Cheers,
Gav.

2.9.16 Quota Rest (not working)   03 March 2010, 21:38

Very strange, the same version appears to work fine on W2K. Could you possible somehow record a video showing it not working?

2.9.16 Quota Rest (not working)   04 March 2010, 08:48

You're in luck.

I just bought a second hand DVCAM this week and the editing gear to go with it.

Couldn't quite get the screen refresh rate in sync but it's enough to read the quota amount used, and see it not resetting.

Remember I did get the quota's reset via the tool bar instead, so there's only about 11MB of quota used in this shot, but enough to see it not resetting.

1.8MB Video (BWM is limiting the http server to 256Kbps.

Client's on XP, service 2K.

Cheers,
Gavin.

2.9.16 Quota Rest (not working)   04 March 2010, 17:51

Gavin, are you certain that both the server and the client both carry the same version of the bandwidth manager?

2.9.16 Quota Rest (not working)   04 March 2010, 20:29

2K screenshot

Yes. I installed both the service and gui on 2K from the one setup file.

If I remember rightly, I uninstalled the previous version aswell, rather than just try and update it.

XP is running 2.9.16 GUI aswell.

Cheers,
Gavin.

2.9.16 Quota Rest (not working)   04 March 2010, 21:39

Hi Gavin,

I think I have found it, please confirm you have set Monthly period starts on in the global settings to something other than 1st?

Andrew.

2.9.16 Quota Rest (not working)   05 March 2010, 06:59

Hi Andrew.

I still had it set to the 5th.

I changed it to the 6th, then back again to the 5th and now the reset works smile

Gav.

2.9.16 Quota Rest (not working)   14 March 2010, 21:06

Hi Gavin,

Thank you, I have fixed that. Not sure though when I can release the update, I am doing a nearly complete redesign of the application to improve its reliability and maintainability. When it is done, I will be publishing new builds regularly to ensure the good quality of the product before the official release.

Andrew.

2.9.16 Quota Rest (not working)   15 March 2010, 03:34

Andrew

Thank you, I have fixed that. Not sure though when I can release the update, I am doing a nearly complete redesign of the application to improve its reliability and maintainability. When it is done, I will be publishing new builds regularly to ensure the good quality of the product before the official release.

This response served to all.

Thanks Andrew, sorry to be boring! laugh.

Sometimes you can get the answer faster if you try the forum search and/or have a look at the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.