How to download and install new version

Started by kim

kim

How to download and install new version   25 September 2016, 06:55

I have NetWorx installed in Early 2015. A message was received today advising that a new version was available, 5.5.5. It is unclear which download button should be selected. Clarification of this point would be appreciated. TIA.
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: How to download and install new version   25 September 2016, 09:52

The Download buttons are located at the bottom of the NetWorx home page.

There you can choose the Installer or Portable download. If not sure, choose Installer.
kim

Re: How to download and install new version   25 September 2016, 14:12

Thanks for that. Multiple download buttons are confusing. The DL went okay, have a file called networx_setup.exe. I attempted to run this but was advised that:
Setup has detected that NetWorx is currently running.
Please close all instances of it ...

I closed the NW window, no joy. Then I varied the dates to a few months ago, also not work. Short of uninstalling NW I cannot see how to stop it running. Advice would be valued. TIA.

Re: How to download and install new version   25 September 2016, 17:05

This article explains how to quit NetWorx properly. Just closing the graph doesn't do it.
kim

Re: How to download and install new version   26 September 2016, 06:37

Thanks, that worked. It was disconcerting to have the system shut down and restart without asking. I now find that there's a new NetWorx icon on the taskbar that cannot be removed. Short of a restore point, is there any way of getting rid of the new icon?

Re: How to download and install new version   26 September 2016, 09:17

Any notification area's icons can be shown and hidden as this article explains. If for some reason it doesn't work, try resetting the icon cache as suggested here.
kim

Re: How to download and install new version   26 September 2016, 10:49

Fortunately I'm happy when I'm unhappy, and vice versa. The instructions for Win 7 were to "click the Notification Area tab" but there's no tab, just a biggish button. I'd already tried that, did not work. The regedit could not locate the path cited, so by elimination I tried
Right click taskbar
Properties
Toolbars tab
Deselected NetWorx Desk Band

That worked, icon gone. Made my day you have. Many thanks. NetWorx is such a nifty little program, and I'll now have a look at 5.5.5. Just did, cannot see anything new. It did not install, no networx*.exe file or similar. No matter. I'll wait for 6.1 or later.
mudirikwa

New networx version available   09 October 2016, 20:29

Since upgrading from version 5.5.4 to version 5.5.5 on September 20, I received, downloaded, and installed 2 x notifications that a new update is available.
Every time with the same version v5.5.5 but different file size. I made sure to use the "download networx installer" button under product info and download.

Is there reason for concern? I don't think so. Your certificate clearly validates the download. This was simply a software update glitch.

The *only* reason i'm notifying you guys, is the file size difference. (4,744,560 and 4,751,968), Why?

Thanks, Louis.

Re: How to download and install new version   09 October 2016, 20:48

There were fixes for a couple of small glitches discovered after the official release, plus language updates. Nothing to worry about wink
The update notifications worked correctly by installing the same version with a different file size.

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.