Daily, weekly and monthly usage alarms

Started by 2635599

Daily, weekly and monthly usage alarms   02 November 2016, 01:57

when i received a email and letter from comcast that they're limiting my bandwidth to 1tb a month i went looking for a bandwidth monitor. after testing several and being left sorely wanting more someone recommended networx. i simple love it because it is exactly what i was looking for. now with that said the only improvements i would make are the following:

1. a alarm for daily bandwidth use that you can set a amount to notify you via a popup in the center of the desktop along with a sound once that amount of bandwidth is reached for that day.

2. a alarm for weekly bandwidth use that you can set a amount to notify you via a popup in the center of the desktop along with a sound once that amount of bandwidth is reached for that week.

3. a alarm for monthly bandwidth use that you can set a amount to notify you via a popup in the center of the desktop along with a sound once that amount of bandwidth is reached for that month.

4. a way to backup and restore bandwidth usage. this would be hand if you have to use system restore or you rerun your os. this way just before doing a restore or rerun of the os you can backup
your current usage and restore it once back in windows.
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Daily, weekly and monthly usage alarms   02 November 2016, 10:28

Thank you for your feedback.

There is a mechanism called Quota that allows you to have a notification if a certain amount of data was used. Only one can be active at a time though, i.e. daily or weekly or monthly, but not all at once.

Regarding backup and restore, it's already present in Usage Reports, 5th and 6th buttons on the toolbar;

Re: Daily, weekly and monthly usage alarms   04 November 2016, 05:33

cool Andrew on both counts, thanks

Re: Daily, weekly and monthly usage alarms   04 November 2016, 05:36

forgot so with the backup the following applies?

1. backup
2. rerun the os
3. install networx
4. import backup
5. other than loosing a little info because of the os reinstall networx continues counting from where it was at before i reran the os
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Daily, weekly and monthly usage alarms   04 November 2016, 10:42

I am not quite sure what you mean. A backup contains all NetWorx records and its settings at the time it was made. When you restore it, it replaces any data that was in NetWorx with that from the backup.

Re: Daily, weekly and monthly usage alarms   04 November 2016, 11:11

when you do a fresh install of windows during the install long before you first get to the desktop windows checks for updates. of course during that period networx isn't installed so no data collected. i was just saying no big deal since typically the updates done by windows while installing are under a gig.

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.