Possible 5.2.10 network driver issue?

Started by ed1

ed1

Possible 5.2.10 network driver issue?   18 September 2013, 02:45

For months, I've been running Networx 5.2.8 and then 5.2.9 with WinPCap 4.1.2 rather than the included LAN driver.

Today, I used Backup to save historical data, uninstalled 5.2.9, uninstalled WinPCap, installed 5.2.10 selecting the included LAN driver and restored historical data. Twice, each time about 10 minutes after boot up, the system froze completely with display remaining frozen. Required power to be turned off manually to re-boot.

I then uninstalled 5.2.10, installed WinPCap 4.1.3, installed 5.2.10 without selecting the included LAN driver and again restored historical data. System has been running fine for hours.

I would like to try Networx's application monitoring but understand that this is not possible unless the Networx included LAN driver is used.

WIn 7 x64.
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Possible 5.2.10 network driver issue?   18 September 2013, 09:38

I am afraid it's not possible to monitor applications without this driver.

Have you got any third-party software that may have interfered with NetWorx (e.g. antivirus, firewall, other filtering software)?
ed1

Possible 5.2.10 network driver issue?   18 September 2013, 12:38

I am using the Windows firewall and Avast anti-virus. No other filtering software, other than SoftPerfect WiFi Guard.

I am willing to try again. Would disabling any of those items while installing Networx produce a different result? I would like to continue using them.

If I do try again to use the Networx driver, should I uninstall WinPCap before installing Networx?
ed1

Possible 5.2.10 network driver issue?   20 September 2013, 09:51

Also, I notice in Windows Firewall's list of allowed programs that Networx is listed with a check mark under Private network, but not Public network.

Is this the correct setting?
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Possible 5.2.10 network driver issue?   20 September 2013, 11:19

It would only affect computer-to-computer sync if you are using it. Otherwise it doesn't matter.

WinPCap and NetWorx's own custom drivers do not conflict. You can have either or both installed.

If however the NetWorx driver still doesn't work, I recommend to stick to WinPCap for the time being.

We routinely update the NetWorx driver and there's a good chance your issue will be fixed in the upcoming release.

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.