Auto startup when Windows loads

Started by alouw

alouw

Auto startup when Windows loads   02 February 2014, 18:12

Hi,

I installed Networx a week ago, but the usage report only shows two days' of data. I have a dail-up connection. Should I re-launch the Networx everytime I dail-up?
Is there an auto startup option? If so how do I activate it?

Tx.
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Auto Startup   02 February 2014, 19:25

If you have it running, you don't need to relaunch it.

Check whether Load on Windows startup is ticked

SoftPerfect support forum
Les

Re: Auto Startup   29 August 2014, 02:09

Hi

Windows 7 Pro 64bit, fully up to date. Networks v5.3.2, updated when alerted.
I have the Option to start with OS checked, but it's not auto starting. Previous versions did autostart, but I just can't get this version to autostart.
I have tried putting it into the StartUp folder and still nothing. At the moment, I need to start manually every time which is a bit of a pain.
I realise there may some Authority issues with this version of Windows, but there must be some way of getting it to autostart?

Re: Auto Startup   15 September 2014, 13:48

Try to reset the Windows icon cache as NetWorx might actually start, just without the notification area icon. This article explains how to do it.
Alain Caland

Re: Auto startup when Windows loads   01 April 2015, 20:33

Hello,

I just download to try NetWorx 5.3.4 64 bits. Seems to be a niece soft, though, I activate the "start with Windows" option, and it doesn't start. I search on the forum, and found a topic where you tell to clean Icon cache.
The icon cache is OK, and windows notification setting says the application is not active, so it will display when it will be.

Thank you for your help.

Alain.

Re: Auto startup when Windows loads   02 April 2015, 10:24

Check if it's really registered for automatic startup in the Task Manager - Startup. If not, there can be a few reasons for that and you may have to create a startup entry manually.

Here is a couple of links that might help: https://www.liberiangeek.net/2013/01/how-to-automatically-start-programs-in-windows-8/ https://askleo.com/how-do-i-add-a-program-to-auto-start-in-windows-8/

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.