Driver operation error

Started by Mark

Mark

Driver operation error   27 August 2014, 15:25

Hi! At the time of starting Windows, I get the "Driver operation error". This error is associated with the "Ignore local traffic within the LAN" in settings. If I put a check mark, the error appears. Can you resolve the problem?
NetWorx version - 5.3.2 64-bit
Windows 7 64-bit
SoftPerfect support forum
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: driver operation error   27 August 2014, 17:21

It's an issue with the built-in network driver that NetWorx uses to filter out local traffic. If you had chosen the TDI driver to install, try reinstalling the latest version of NetWorx at which time choose the WFP driver to install and reboot. If you had chosen the WFP driver, try installing TDI instead and reboot.

If still no joy and you need to exclude local traffic, it's possible to use a third party driver:
  1. Backup your usage and uninstall NetWorx.
  2. Download and install WinPCap.
  3. Install latest NetWorx again leaving the "LAN Traffic Filtering Driver" option unticked.
  4. When NetWorx starts, you should be able to choose one of your adapters prefixed with "Ignore LAN Traffic" from the drop-down list in the NetWorx settings.

In this case NetWorx will be using the WinPCap driver, rather its own custom driver and you shouldn't have this error again.
Mark

Re: driver operation error   27 August 2014, 21:00

Thanks! With WFP everything works fine! ok, yes, thumb up
AldusHuxley

Re: driver operation error   27 March 2015, 09:00

Having attempted this, "Ignore local traffic within the LAN" is now greyed out. I did not have this problem before the 5.3.2 64-bit update. However, installing the previous version has not helped. I have NetWorx installed on several other Windows 7 machines without problems.
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Driver operation error   27 March 2015, 17:09

When it's grayed out, it means the driver is not present or not running. Perhaps some third-party software like an antivirus interfered with the installation?

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.