Where is the Connection Monitor?

Started by DaveM

DaveM

Where is the Connection Monitor?   30 September 2014, 04:41

I'm trying to find the Connection Monitor within NetWorx. According to the web site, Connection Monitor should be found within Tools - Connection Monitor.
The problem is, I can't even find Tools. I've looked within Settings, advanced, etc. and can't find anything. Anybody knows where it is?
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Where is the Connection Monitor?   30 September 2014, 08:16

It's right there, in the main menu:

SoftPerfect support forum

It's not in the settings, as it's not a setting really.
DaveM

Re: Where is the Connection Monitor?   30 September 2014, 10:22

I'm using V5.2.4 64bit and I do not have that same menu. After Settings I have Trace route, ping, netstat, help, Networx and then Exit. Do I have the wrong version??

Re: Where is the Connection Monitor?   30 September 2014, 10:28

The Connection Monitor was added in version 5.2.8 released on 2013-05-13. Just download the latest version and you will find it there smile
DaveM

Re: Where is the Connection Monitor?   01 October 2014, 03:00

Ok, i've downloaded the latest version and now have the connection monitor running. Where do I view the connection log so i can see if there's been any drop outs? Does that show on the bottom half of the screen or somewhere else?

Re: Where is the Connection Monitor?   01 October 2014, 08:40

Yes, the log is on the bottom half of the screen.
DaveM

Re: Where is the Connection Monitor?   01 October 2014, 10:55

I pulled my network cable just to see what it would do and all the Host names turned Red but I was hoping something would show in the log. I'm having an issue with a certain program that keeps giving me network errors. Saying that this particular program has lost a connection. This program constantly sends out packets of info and I guess some get lost often and that's when I get the error.
So I was hoping that when this happens I would see something in the Connection Monitor log area that would give me a better idea as to what is going on.
I did set/add the host this program is communicating with but nothing shows up on the bottom half of the screen after i removed the network cable.
Since i've installed Networx, I haven't received the error message so not sure what will show in the Connection Monitor when it happens but I guess we'll see.
Any ideas?

Re: Where is the Connection Monitor?   01 October 2014, 11:40

It does not trigger immediately. It only does so when a number of pings has been lost. In this case NetWorx will make a log record that your connection went off-line. Likewise, when the service is restored, it will make a record about that.

With the default settings the connect must have been down for around 2 minutes for this to be recorded. The timeout period and number of tries can be changed in the hidden settings.
Brano

Re: Where is the Connection Monitor?   23 October 2016, 08:56

Hi, is there any way how could I export Connection Monitor Log File into separate file? (e.g. .txt, .xls, or similar).
Thank you
Brano

Re: Where is the Connection Monitor?   23 October 2016, 12:24

There's no Export button in the current version, but you can select everything and copy & paste it into any text editor, then save to a file.

We have also added a Save button in the latest builds, so you can use those instead.

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.