Mobile broadband and version 5.3.3

Started by Andrew

SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Mobile broadband and version 5.3.3   07 October 2014, 14:33

As some of NetWorx users are experiencing issues with monitoring mobile broadband connections, we need additional information from the affected users to fix this problem.

Those who upgraded to version 5.3.3 and are no longer able to monitor their mobile broadband device, please do the following:
  1. Download this small utility.
  2. Launch it in a command prompt and redirect its complete output to a file, e.g. getiflist2 > file.txt
  3. Either post the resulting text file here, or submit it through our support web-form.

It will help with the fastest resolution of the problem.
Thank you for your cooperation.

Re: Mobile broadband and version 5.3.3   07 October 2014, 20:10

My getiflist2-output attached...
Attachments:
open | download – getiflist2 WGSchalk.zip (1.3 KB)

Re: Mobile broadband and version 5.3.3   08 October 2014, 14:02

Great, we received a few other files and seem to have pin-pointed the issue. It basically affected those using devices based on HUAWEI Mobile Connect - 3G Network Card. This card initialises with a new name every time it's inserted and doesn't quite correctly register itself in a system.

I have added a workaround, so please try these: installer | portable and let me know how it works.

Re: Mobile broadband and version 5.3.3   08 October 2014, 19:22

Andrew,
Thank you very much. Your last fix did the trick.... Networx is working like a charm again.

Douglas

Re: Mobile broadband and version 5.3.3   08 October 2014, 21:31

Yes! Problem solved for me, too!

My problem from the thread No traffic shown after update from 5.3.0 to 5.3.3 is solved with this workaround version.

It works when I select "All Dial-up Connections" or "All connections" to be monitored.

The only thing that does not work left is selecting "All Mobile Broadband Connections" as monitored interfaces.
And all the many entries created by the provider's software also do not work -- but these never worked, even in the former versions. But this is obviously a problem caused by the strange behaviour of the provider's software or the Huawei-surfstick-driver, not by NetWorx.

Another thing that may be caused by the "strange behaviour" of the provider's software: I cannot dial-up using the NetWorx contextmenu "dial-up"-function -- the menu-entry of "ALDI TALK Verbindungsassistent" is only visible as long as I'm online, but disappears when disconnected.

But NetWorx works again for what I wanted it!

Thank You Andrew!

Re: Mobile broadband and version 5.3.3   08 October 2014, 23:05

wgschalk

The only thing that does not work left is selecting "All Mobile Broadband Connections" as monitored interfaces.
And all the many entries created by the provider's software also do not work -- but these never worked, even in the former versions. But this is obviously a problem caused by the strange behaviour of the provider's software or the Huawei-surfstick-driver, not by NetWorx.

Exactly. This HUAWEI card, in addition to the issue above, oddly presents itself as a dial-up (PPP) device rather than a proper mobile broadband (WWAN) device.
Having said that, this workaround should work reliably from now on for everyone using this card. ok, yes, thumb up

Re: Mobile broadband and version 5.3.3   04 November 2014, 04:04

Thank you very much. Because the new version did not work on my broadband mobile (I have only broadband mobile Internet) I had to go back to the previous version. For me the older version is just enough. I read the news about the program few minutes ago. No problem. When in some of the next versions the bug is corrected, I will update.
Raymond Williamson

Re: Mobile broadband and version 5.3.3   16 December 2014, 01:06

Sorry, still does not work at all for me.
I have the dreaded Huawei dongle on a 3G connection.
Raymond Williamson

Re: Mobile broadband and version 5.3.3   16 December 2014, 01:10

Correction!
After 5+ minutes of inactivity, it finally jumped into life!
Now working (I assume) perfectly OK.
Wonders will never cease! Thank you for sorting this out!
Kindest regards, Ray.

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.