Identifying the application that is using the data traffic

Started by InverseInfinity

InverseInfinity

Identifying the application that is using the data traffic   22 January 2015, 13:11

Hey everyone!

Just need a little help identifying a certain program that has been using the majority of my data. The program name appears to be in some sort of Asian text, I believe Chinese. There is not path to where the file is or what it is for and I'm a little concerned. Nothing appears in my list of installed programs, and virus scans come up clean. I am yet to run the Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool. Here is a screenshot of my data usage:

SoftPerfect support forum

Any help identifying this program is appreciated laugh
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Identifying the application that is using the data traffic   22 January 2015, 13:14

These Chinese characters are not a real application. It was a bug in NetWorx which was fixed in version 5.2.11 in October 2013.

Download a fresh copy of NetWorx from the NetWorx home page (download links are at the bottom of the page), then simply clear the application view. Your quota or usage records will not be affected if you clear the application view alone.

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.