Empty interface lists after updating Windows 10

Started by DerekH

DerekH

Empty interface lists after updating Windows 10   24 January 2015, 20:47

Hello!

I know it is not supported yet, but I was using Networx to monitor data usage through my Netgear router on Windows 10. I'm sure this was up and running ok in a previous build, but I've just installed the latest build (9926) and noticed that the upload/download graph was empty. Going into settings and clicking through "monitor my router" the dropdowns for gateway and wan interface are now blank in the UPNP section (I recall SNMP didn't work, but I'm sure I must have selected something previously in the UPNP section?) There is a router UUID on the main interface dropdown that also doesn't show up any data when selected. I'm guessing something changed in the latest Windows build? sad I also tried re-installing with the other driver in Networx setup.

Any help/suggestions gratefully received.

Derek
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Empty interface lists after updating Windows 10   25 January 2015, 10:31

Hi Derek,

This has nothing to do with the driver that comes with NetWorx. Probably Microsoft has changed something regarding UPnP or it's not available in the preview. Tanks for letting us know though, we'll take a look at this closer to Windows 10 release date.
Hi Andrew,

Thanks for the reply - just sorted this. For some reason I noticed that upon update my wi-fi network had been set to public as opposed to private. I'm assuming switching it back to private enabled UPnP along with file sharing etc.. The router was then showing in the settings dropdown smile

Derek
Graeme

Networx will not run after windows 10 installation   02 August 2015, 19:08

I have just finished installing/upgrading from windows 7 ultimate (64 bit) to windows 10 pro (64 bit). the 1st message that I received was that networx was not running - I re-installed networx with the latest version and tried again - same error - I deleted/removed all versions - downloaded the latest version (5.4) did a fresh install and have got the same problem - it will not show the graphic icon in the tool bar - it will not open at all and will not run - what do I do to solve this problem. please help.
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Networx will not run after windows 10 installation   02 August 2015, 21:12

When you start NetWorx, does it show up in the list of processes (networx.exe)?

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.