Feature request for the Applications tab: daily accounts

Started by emmjay

I believe that the Applications Tab in Networx is the most valuable piece of information a user can have access to. I understand that the accumulation of data provided is based on the month at hand but I find it more useful when it is based on a daily count. The monthly count lets me know who the heaviest hitters over the month and that is good to know, but a daily count would let me know who was chewing down on my bandwidth allocation for that particular day. This would be invaluable info for me. I know that I can get a daily account of this if I reset the data to zero each day, but as I set the counter to a custom date for everything else, a refresh deletes everything. I was hoping that there was a way to get a daily account without this happening... if not, maybe in the future?
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Feature request for the Applications tab: daily accounts   23 February 2015, 16:39

It shows all application usage data ever recorded, not a month or a day. Normally since you enabled that feature or the last reset of the report. You can delete those application entries to start over, this won't affect any other usage reports.

Later on we'll probably add grouping the applications by day, week and month, just like other reports.
Tnx Andrew. Great news. Hope it will be soon.
Denise Wilson

Re: Feature request for the Applications tab: daily accounts   14 March 2015, 05:36

I completely agree. Also I have the application information displaying on one computer, but not any of the other installations. Where do I find the setting to get the application data to record for the other computers on my network?

Re: Feature request for the Applications tab: daily accounts   14 March 2015, 13:45

You need to tick Ignore local traffic within the LAN.

SoftPerfect support forum

Once this is done, you will be able to see individual applications and their usage.

SoftPerfect support forum

Re: Feature request for the Applications tab: daily accounts   19 March 2015, 00:11

I don't see this tab on mine. Is this something new, or doesn't it show if you're monitoring the router?

Re: Feature request for the Applications tab: daily accounts   19 March 2015, 12:49

It's not available in the portable version, because this feature needs a driver to be installed to intercept application usage data.

It also will be empty if you are monitoring the router, because the router doesn't provide any application specific information.

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.