Graph does not display any traffic

Started by 7c4tx

7c4tx

Graph does not display any traffic   25 February 2015, 19:58

In the Networx settings panel, my LAN IP address is shown correctly when I select the on-board networking controller, but the Networx graph does not show any traffic on ANY interface, regardless of which one I choose.
The following other traffic monitor applications are working correctly: Windows Task Manager, Comodo Firewall, Process Hacker, NetTraffic.
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Graph does not display any traffic   25 February 2015, 22:19

What choices do you have available in the interface drop-down list?
7c4tx

Re: Graph does not display any traffic   28 February 2015, 00:27

Aside from the default "All" devices, the system-specific hardware shown is:

NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller

Realtek RTL8188CU Wireless LAN 802.11n USB 2.0 Network Adapter
(this device is not plugged in)

Re: Graph does not display any traffic   28 February 2015, 14:00

It should work with NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller unless there is some sort of tricky filtering drivers installed in the system.

In this case you could either try to tick the Ignore local traffic within the LAN option as it uses a different data collection method, or try to choose other devices:
  1. Go to the hidden settings.
  2. Set Physical adapters only to False.
  3. Restart NetWorx.
  4. Try choosing other entries from the adapter list until you find a working one.
7c4tx

Re: Graph does not display any traffic   03 March 2015, 02:19

When I first selected "ignore local traffic", a single spike was recorded on the graph. But I could not reproduce this, and it did not continue to monitor traffic. I also tried enabling the virtual adapters under "hidden settings" as you instructed, but none of them produced any data either. (Instead of hidden settings, I think it would be better to have a button for 'advanced configuration', but thats a separate issue.)

Re: Graph does not display any traffic   03 March 2015, 09:31

Sorry, no idea in that case. I guess there may be something not right with the Windows instance or some combination of the software installed.
7c4tx

Re: Graph does not display any traffic   04 March 2015, 01:05

Yeah, I understand... the Windows registry is an awful mess, and Windows is an unstable house of cards to begin with: so many different things can go wrong but those different things can all present the same symptoms, making troubleshooting a nightmare. I rarely need to use it for anything, and that's why I am not too bothered that Networx doesnt "worx" wink

Windows is the foremost example of bad software design, and those design flaws are perpetuated throughout the applications built upon it. I would encourage developers like yourself to abandon Windows and focus on supporting more secure and superior platforms, such as BSD / Darwin or Linux.

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.