Ordinal 4368 could not be located

Started by Sierra Foothills

Ordinal 4368 could not be located   26 February 2015, 05:47

I just got a Stream 7 "Bing" version of Windows 8.1 (7" tablet).
I installed NetWorx 5.3.3 and got the following pop-up error:
"The ordinal 4368 could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\Program Files\Intel\TXE Compartments\TCS\ssleay32.dll"

I click OK, launch Internet Explorer and see that NetWorx appears to be working. When I try to exit the program I get "NetWorx Application (32-bit) has stopped working" error.

Thanks for any help
Mike
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Ordinal 4368 could not be located   26 February 2015, 09:47

It looks like there is a broken or outdated global OpenSSL installation on your system. Although NetWorx does not require OpenSSL and uses it only if available, there are two possible scenarios here:
  1. There is no OpenSSL. NetWorx simply disables sending secure emails and does not display any alerts.
  2. There is a global OpenSSL installation. NetWorx makes use of it for sending secure emails.

I guess NetWorx attempted to load those DLLs from the Intel\TXE Compartments\TCS folder because it's in the system %PATH% variable. If you remove this folder from %PATH%, NetWorx won't try to use it and will work normally. Here are the instructions on changing the %PATH% variable.

Re: Ordinal 4368 could not be located   26 February 2015, 17:22

Thanks for the insight. I installed Win32OpenSSL_Light-1_0_1L, after first installing Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (x86), and NetWorx went in without a complaint and now works well, like it does on my other computers.

Thanks again.

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.