Monthly usage report shows significantly less than the actual usage

Started by joegoauk

Last 3-4 months or so, my monthly usage started showing lot less, say less than 50% of the actual usage. Every month I crossed 20 GB up to 30 and I still do.
NetWorx was even notifying me every month when my usage nearing to 20GB threshold.

What must have gone wrong?

Thanks for your advice
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Monthly usage report shows significantly less than the actual usage   04 March 2015, 14:24

It could happen because earlier releases of NetWorx in their default configuration could also include data from virtual network adapters, doubling or even tripling the numbers in reports.

What about your ISP, what numbers does it report?
IP numbers It was showing blank .. 000.00.00
Just now I changed using dropdown interface option to Realtek PCIe family controller and it now reports correct IP.
Hope it will work from now.

thanks
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Monthly usage report shows significantly less than the actual usage   04 March 2015, 23:52

Actually, I referred to ISP - Internet Service Provider smile
Anyway, see if the new setting works. And if not, please compare the usage records from NetWorx with those from your Internet Service Provider.
Usage record by service Provider BSNL is normal like before, it even reminds me when I reached 20 GB per month and if I want to continue with same speed with extra payment or stay at lower speed i.e. 512kbps.
My broadband monthly plan gives me speed upto 4mbps till 20GB, then after it's 512kbps.

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.