Incorrect NIC name for "Ignore local traffic within the LAN"

Started by rseiler

Incorrect NIC name for "Ignore local traffic within the LAN"   19 March 2015, 17:17

Is there a way of correcting the name shown here (Ignore line) on the theory that's the problem? It used to be correct and worked fine, but it changed to a strange name after a series of Windows Updates recently, and now traffic isn't recorded at all (or the numbers are just super-low and static) when it's chosen.

For now, I'm just using the one that does work, the Intel one beneath it, but of course that one doesn't ignore local traffic. I use Winpcap and tried uninstalling/ reinstalling it and rebooting, but no change. Using Networx 5.3.4.

SoftPerfect support forum

Thanks
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Incorrect NIC name for "Ignore local traffic within the LAN"   19 March 2015, 17:29

It looks like a WinPCap issue, I guess it could suggest either:

Use the built-in NetWorx driver that is activated when you tick the Ignore local traffic within the LAN option

or

Try other software based on WinPCap to see if it's functioning well, for example WireShark.

Re: Incorrect NIC name for "Ignore local traffic within the LAN"   20 March 2015, 05:48

Yes, that's a very good idea: according to Wireshark, that same oddball interface is the only one available to it. But it's more specific, revealing that it's actually my Bluetoothexclamation one. That explains why there's little or no traffic on it. So, I'll work on it from the Winpcap side. Thanks.

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.