Desk Band and Usage Report don't show any bandwidth usage in v5.3.4

Started by galactic ninja

Desk Band and Usage Report don't show any bandwidth usage in v5.3.4   21 March 2015, 01:04

I was using v5.3.2 previously and upon updating to v5.3.4, both the Desk Band and Usage Report do not show any bandwidth being used (displays '0').
My OS is Windows 7, 64-bit. I also tried the release from the special/snapshots/ which I downloaded a few minutes ago, but the issue persists.
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Desk Band and Usage Report don't show any bandwidth usage in v5.3.4   21 March 2015, 15:17

Make sure the network adapter selected for monitoring in NetWorx settings is correct.

Versions 5.3.3 and 5.3.4 by default do not monitor virtual adapters, only physical ones.

Re: Desk Band and Usage Report don't show any bandwidth usage in v5.3.4   22 March 2015, 20:04

My Networx setting is set to monitor all connections and I am using only one network adapter.

I seem to have resolved the issue by reinstalling and choosing 'WFP Implementation' in the LAN traffic filtering driver option. Though, I could have sworn that Networx was previously running fine with the default 'TDI Implementation'. Please let me know if setting Networx like this is fine.
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Desk Band and Usage Report don't show any bandwidth usage in v5.3.4   22 March 2015, 21:07

Yes, using WFP is fine, whichever works for you. That's why there are both - one type works for some users, and the other type works for others.

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.