Beta-testers needed to test a new feature

Started by Andrew

SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Beta-testers needed to test a new feature   13 May 2015, 10:22

That's kind of strange, as the HTML doesn't use any of those things not recommended. It's a plain HTML file, built-in styles, no images or any other external references.

It also shows just fine in The Bat e-mail software, so I guess we'll wait and see if there are more reports of it working or not working.

Re: Beta-testers needed to test a new feature   13 May 2015, 19:55

Andrew, it's working properly for me. I use Thunderbird not Outlook.

J
Shakib

Re: Beta-testers needed to test a new feature   15 May 2015, 04:28

Andrew

That's kind of strange, as the HTML doesn't use any of those things not recommended. It's a plain HTML file, built-in styles, no images or any other external references.

It also shows just fine in The Bat e-mail software, so I guess we'll wait and see if there are more reports of it working or not working.

The inline HTML shows up fine in the Firefox Simplemail addon, and in the portable version of the standalone Opera Mail. However, when using the non-portable version of Opera Mail, I see exactly the same display reported by rseiler.

Incidentally, Networx still producing file and mail notifications each time it's started.

Re: Beta-testers needed to test a new feature   23 May 2015, 22:57

Guys, I've added a small fix for sending in-line HTML messages, it seems to work fine in Outlook now.

If anyone would like to test, the new builds are available here.

Re: Beta-testers needed to test a new feature   24 May 2015, 01:57

It works! Thanks for solving the puzzle. Why did any clients have a problem with such basic HTML?

Re: Beta-testers needed to test a new feature   24 May 2015, 11:13

Some clients apparently didn't like if there was a file name in e-mail headers describing the attached HTML.

This did not work:
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Type: text/html; name="NetWorx.htm"; charset=utf-8

Removing the highlighted line works well:
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Type: text/html; charset=utf-8
Not sure what the standard says, but feels a bit odd to me. Nonetheless, it works now wink

Re: Beta-testers needed to test a new feature   26 May 2015, 02:54

This is uber-picky, and I don't even normally use Gmail so it was just accidental that I even saw this, but since it's still in beta (didn't test if it happened in the released Networx version) I noticed that Gmail has a problem in that it adds "&nbsp &nbsp" (http://www.sightspecific.com/~mosh/www_faq/nbsp.html) into what would normally be the blank area on the 2nd row. It shows up in Chrome and Firefox at least, but it looks like it's just Gmail's display issue, since when you forward the mail to non-Gmail the artifact isn't there.

Feature suggestion: the ability to specify the return address. I mention this just because some email servers look more suspiciously at emails that have the same From and To address, increasing the chance that they'll be marked as spam.

Thanks
Shakib

Re: Beta-testers needed to test a new feature   30 May 2015, 18:24

Andrew

Guys, I've added a small fix for sending in-line HTML messages, it seems to work fine in Outlook now.

If anyone would like to test, the new builds are available here.

Side-effect of installing this: Networx stops working after waking the computer from hibernation. Reverting to the "official" 5.4 release reverts to normal.

Re: Beta-testers needed to test a new feature   30 May 2015, 23:27

By "stops working" you mean a crash, or not recording data, or unresponsiveness or ...?
Shakib

Re: Beta-testers needed to test a new feature   31 May 2015, 02:16

I have a very compact graph display in a corner of the screen which shows the download and upload speeds. These stay stuck firmly on zero after coming out of hibernation, something I haven't experienced before in years of using Networx. I haven't checked whether recording of data volume is also affected. Networx is responsive to the extent that I can exit the program.

In case it's relevant, I use the portable 64-bit version of Networx on Windows 7 x64.

Re: Beta-testers needed to test a new feature   31 May 2015, 19:17

That's odd, as there hasn't been any changes regarding the monitoring functionality. Anyway, I will double check it, thanks.

Re: Beta-testers needed to test a new feature   02 June 2015, 00:26

What's really the last report of the month (but which is technically sent in the first minute of the new month) shows the "This month" total for the current month instead of the final tally for the last month.

Re: Beta-testers needed to test a new feature   02 June 2015, 13:00

rseiler

What's really the last report of the month (but which is technically sent in the first minute of the new month) shows the "This month" total for the current month instead of the final tally for the last month.

Thanks, fixed in this build.
Shakib

Re: Beta-testers needed to test a new feature   03 June 2015, 00:10

Andrew

That's odd, as there hasn't been any changes regarding the monitoring functionality. Anyway, I will double check it, thanks.

It now works fine with the very latest build.
Shakib

Re: Beta-testers needed to test a new feature   15 June 2015, 03:23

It now appears that the problem was introduced in the public 5.4 release. I reverted to that and the same thing happened when waking from hibernation: Networx was fully responsive to keyboard commands but no longer monitored transfer speeds or volumes until it was restarted. I hibernate my system nightly and in several years of using Networx this hadn't happened before version 5.4.

I've now reverted to 4.35 and it has worked fine after a few days.

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.