Cannot open network list after reconnecting to wireless router

Started by azeunkn0wn

Whenever I disconnect or get disconnected to my WiFi Router, I can't open the network list anymore (clicking on network icon in taskbar), like it's not responding.
-Disabling and re-enable the wireless device doesn't fix it. (it stays enabled even after being disabled)
-The only way to fix is force reboot, because when I restart or shut down, it is stuck on "Restarting" screen (or shutdown screen).

Tried both LAN filtering Drivers, and both having Issue. Sometimes, it happens more often, I had to reboot 5x per day. Sometimes, it never happened for a 2 weeks. It's been 2 months since the last time it happened. It happened to me again after updated to latest version. Also, after updated to latest version, monitoring doesn't work well, it always shows 0 kbps, then works in a few minutes, then not working again.

I have PCIe Wifi Device. TP-Link TL-WN781ND
Fresh installed Windows 8.1 just today. Networx should work fine.
Currently on latest version of Networx
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Cannot open network list after reconnecting to wireless router   07 April 2015, 23:17

The drivers are third-party, even if there is an issue with them, I am afraid we can't fix them unless the developer publishes an update.

If both the drivers cause this issue and you still need to exclude local traffic, try the following workaround with WinPCap:
  1. Backup your usage and uninstall NetWorx.
  2. Download and install WinPCap.
  3. Install latest NetWorx again leaving the "LAN Traffic Filtering Driver" option unticked.
  4. When NetWorx starts, you should be able to choose one of your adapters prefixed with "Ignore LAN Traffic" from the drop-down list in the NetWorx settings.

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.