System tray right click menu appears after reboot

Started by Rodent

System tray right click menu appears after reboot   11 April 2015, 17:30

Hi,

This has only been happening with the latest version 5.3.4 32 bit on a Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit. And just to let you know it is happening with the new version you got me to install here https://www.softperfect.com/board/read.php?8,20563

The problem is that after a reboot I RDP into the computer the right click menu from NetWorx is on the screen. I have not click the system tray icon, it just appears where ever the mouse is on the screen.

Hope you can fix this problem too.

Thanks
Rodney
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: System tray right click menu appears after reboot   11 April 2015, 21:35

Interesting, we haven't changed anything related to the notification area or menu tracking.

Does it just show up once after a reboot or whenever you RDP to that computer? If possible, please attach a screen shot.

Re: System tray right click menu appears after reboot   12 April 2015, 10:48

Hi Andrew,

It only shows up once after a reboot, if I RDP into the computer before the menu appears then it will show up where ever the mouse is when it does show up, other wise its in the center of the screen.

It takes about 10 to 20 seconds after the software starts before the menu appears.

Thanks
Rodney
Attachments:
open | download – afterRestart.png (93 KB)

Re: System tray right click menu appears after reboot   12 April 2015, 12:28

Looks like you have more than one startup entry for NetWorx. What happens is Windows starts the first instance of NetWorx, and then after a while another one. NetWorx treats the situation as an attempt to launch the second instance and shows you the first instance's menu instead.

To solve this issue, download autoruns and delete the additional startup entry.

Re: System tray right click menu appears after reboot   12 April 2015, 16:23

Hi,

I ran autoruns and could only find one entry for NetWorx so I went into settings of NetWorx and unticked the load on Windows startup and restarted the computer, NetWorx did not start.

Manually started NetWorx went back into settings and tick Load on Windows startup and rebooted the computer... and after the reboot I get the right click menu again.

You do seem to be right about a second copy running makes the right click menu appear as every time I run NetWorx when it is already running I get the menu, now all I have to do is figure out how it is running twice???

Thank
Rodney

Re: System tray right click menu appears after reboot   12 April 2015, 16:57

Good question. Could you perhaps save the autoruns output as an *.ARN file, ZIP it and attach here?

Re: System tray right click menu appears after reboot   13 April 2015, 10:22

Sorry Andrew, I found the problem.

I think because of the other problem I had with NetWorx not finding my Router on startup I setup a delayed scheduled task to run it (and forgot about it), then when I installed the new version it added the startup with windows so not only did my problem with the Router come back but I also got the right click menu what I can't figure out is when I unticked the start with windows checkbox it didn't start at all? shocked or surprised

So for now the problems (both of them) are resolved.

Thanks
Rodney

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.