Problem with network synchronization

Started by vanquisherr

Problem with network synchronization   15 April 2015, 21:24

I installed NetWorx on the computers connected to my network. However, on my main computer, I am unable to view my other computers. On one of the other computers, I am able to view the network usage of all of the other computers.

On the main computer, I have fire wall turned off and I run AVG Antivirus. I have tried turning that off as well.
On the other computer (the one on which I can view the other users) I am running Avira antivirus with firewalls turned off as well.

Any ideas?
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Problem with network synchronization   15 April 2015, 22:12

Some computers may have more than one network card. In this case you need to adjust Sync broadcast target address.

NetWorx relies on subnet broadcasts, so by changing the parameter above, you can ensure the broadcast messages are sent to a correct address. It's also worth mentioning that the sync only works within one subnet.

Re: Problem with network synchronization   15 April 2015, 23:28

Which address do i sync to? From the main computer to the one that works and back and forth?
I used the ipv4 address i found from ipconfig 192.168.1.x

I have four network adapters in my Device manager. They are:
Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network)
Bluetooth Device (RFCOMM Protocol TDI)
Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller
Realtek RTL8723AE Wireless LAN 802.11n PCI-E NIC

I disabled my wireless and bluetooth adapters. The only one i have active is Local Arena Network. I am connected with my Ethernet cable. I am connected under All Ethernet Connections and i can't tick Ignore LAN Traffic

Re: Problem with network synchronization   16 April 2015, 10:43

Try setting Sync broadcast target address to 192.168.1.255 on every machine. This should direct the broadcast messages to the correct NIC.

Re: Problem with network synchronization   19 April 2015, 19:33

I have tried doing this, and another computer on the network can now view information from all of the machines with networx installed.

On the main computer, i can view the information of this third computer, but not the second one which was able to view information from all computers.

To break it down, it has become like this:
I have three computers with networx:
The main computer, the second computer and the third one.

Main computer: Can view information from the third computer. Can't view information from the second one
Second computer: Was able to see information from all computers. But can only view information from the third one
Third computer: Able to see information from all three computers. Wasn't able to prior to target address sync

Re: Problem with network synchronization   23 April 2015, 19:24

Sorry, I don't really have an idea in this case.

We however have been experimenting with a new sync mechanism and it appears to work better. Would you like to try a NetWorx build with the new sync?

Re: Problem with network synchronization   24 April 2015, 19:45

Yes i would.
Is that the updated version?

Re: Problem with network synchronization   27 April 2015, 13:27

A build with the experimental sync mechanism is available here.

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.