Runtime error 216 at 0040588E after update

Started by carajuana

carajuana

Runtime error 216 at 0040588E after update   28 April 2015, 23:30

Runtime error 216 at 0040588E.

I had portable version 5.3.3 and it worked perfectly. After replacing the networx.exe and the sqlite.dll files and opening the exe file, this dialog was shown. Networx doesn't start.

I also downloaded the installer, but have the same error.

My computer is am AthlonXP 3000+ with Windows 7.

Where can I get the older portable versions?

Thanx!
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Runtime error 216 at 0040588E after update   29 April 2015, 12:15

Sorry, we don't keep older versions.

Instead please download this debug portable package, likewise replace .EXE and .DLL and launch it.

If it crashes, it should send us a bug report. You can also post here the callstack page of that report.

Re: Runtime error 216 at 0040588E after update   30 April 2015, 12:25

We've received the bug report. It appears to be an issue in the actual SQLITE.DLL which could suggest a corrupted database.

I recommend trying to replace the DLL with the official build (rename it to sqlite.dll) or download SQLiteSpy tool, open NetWorx.DB and do Execute - Vacuum Database from the main menu.
mandy wr

Re: Runtime error 216 at 0040588E ,SQLITE.DLLproblem   01 September 2015, 08:25

I uninstalled networx because of this same error. (runtime error 216 at 0405B32)
Downloaded new version of the installer on 31 Aug 2015. I got the screen below on running the installer.
It says "Installing. Please wait while setup installs Networx on your computer.. Installing network driver..."
It also reported "...\Networx.db is not writable or does not exist . Networx will use a temporary in-memory database whose contents will disappear when exiting the application"

I see from your web site: We've received the bug report. It appears to be an issue in the actual SQLITE.DLL which could suggest a corrupted database. I recommend trying to replace the DLL with the official build (rename it to sqlite.dll) or download this tool, open NetWorx.DB and do Execute - Vacuum Database from the main menu.

It looks a bit too technical for me. Can you take me through it step by step please?

I do not know how to find the dll you suggest replacing cannot see how to open an apparently non existent db and do not know how to use the suggested tool.

Re: Runtime error 216 at 0040588E after update   02 September 2015, 22:45

The step-by-step instructions are as follows:
  1. Download this file.
  2. Unpack the DLL from the ZIP file.
  3. Rename sqlite3.dll to sqlite.dll
  4. Copy this DLL file into the NetWorx installation folder to replace sqlite.dll already present in that folder.

There's no guarantee this will help though.

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.