Keeping track of monthly data usage from the the day of paying ISP

Started by Göran Ingvarsson

My PC connects to the net via a 4-G Huawei modem, the modem is of the USB-stick kind and so I have no router. The reason I want to use NetWorx is that twice in the last month my ISP has cut of services on the pretext that the data amount I pay for on my current plan (5GB/month) has been exceeded. I pay (dearly) in advance each month.

While I think my ISP is right and I have indeed used up the data, I want to be able to keep tabs myself on my usage.

My question, then: if I, on the day when I pay my ISP for the coming month of broadband use and with NetWorx running, in the Usage Report window reset all statistics to 0, will the report accurately reflect my total accumulated usage during the coming month? This is a standalone PC not in a network - the single point of entry or exit is the modem.
Thank you.
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Keeping track of monthly data usage from the the day of paying ISP   25 May 2015, 11:10

Yes, that's one of the scenarios where NetWorx can be helpful. Just make sure you have selected your modem in the drop-down list of network connections to monitor in the NetWorx main settings.

You can also set the beginning of the month to align the billing cycle with your ISP, in which case you don't need to reset the usage every time.
Thank you for replying Andrew. Yes, I chose the modem when setting up.
Thx also for the tip on aligning NetWorx with my billing cycle.

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.