PC reboots by itself with BAD_POOL_CALLER error

Started by widhie75

widhie75

PC reboots by itself with BAD_POOL_CALLER error   01 June 2015, 14:06

Yesterday I installed latest NetWorx (v 5.4), and today my PC began restarting unpredictably.
My PC system : Windows XP SP3 - 32bit.
Some running software (might be conflicting with NetWorx ??) : Avast Antivirus, Outpost Firewall.

I looked at minidup log, and it looks like it was caused by networx.sys. Here is log report (analyzed using 3rd party debugger):

On Mon 01 Jun 2015 1:59:27 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini060115-05.dmp
uptime: 00:20:29
This was probably caused by the following module: networx.sys (networx+0x606E)
Bugcheck code: 0xC2 (0x7, 0xCD4, 0x230000C, 0xFFFFFFFF873BA630)
Error: BAD_POOL_CALLER
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\networx.sys
product: NetFilter SDK
company: NetFilterSDK.com
description: NetFilter SDK TDI Hook Driver (WPP)
Bug check description: This indicates that the current thread is making a bad pool request. This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem. A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: networx.sys (NetFilter SDK TDI Hook Driver (WPP), NetFilterSDK.com).

What can I do about this reboot issue? Any help would be great
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: PC reboots by itself with BAD_POOL_CALLER error - Fixed   01 June 2015, 14:12

Looks like the same issue as discussed here. To fix this problem, simply download and install the latest version of NetWorx.
Yes, you are right, the reboot issue was definitely caused by "Ignore local traffic within the LAN" (enabled in Settings > Main) and the third-party driver responsible for it. I disabled "Ignore local traffic within the LAN" option and it made NetWorx v5.4 run perfectly.

Thanks for the update version of NetWorx. I will download in install it now. I like this software!

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.