Virustotal detection: Riskware.Agent! Hacktool Suspiscious_GEN

Started by Cram

First off I would like to say that I very much enjoy your Networx software, and have done for a number of years now. So thank you for a great product.

Secondly I would like to note that you do have both 'paid for' software, as well as your freeware products.

Thirdly I would like to ask about Possible malware warnings on Virustotal.com and post a link to my own Virustotal experience: https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/8fc407cdee212b746991db218c10af581ef8caba25d091cf5daddf2e9957d973/analysis/1433440219
What please, should we make of all this, when as you state "rest assured we don't bundle any adware with NetWorx"?

Thank you, Cram
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Virustotal detections   05 June 2015, 11:31

Please see this article, especially about NetFilter, which is not a virus.

This leaves us with 2 out 57 detections, one marked as Suspicious which doesn't seem to be anything specific and one marked Riskware.Agent, clearly a false positive.

You could help by sending the sample to a relevant AntiVirus company for prompt white-listing.
Thank you for your reply,

So bad these have to show up as it certainly made me question whether to continue using Networx. I guess false positives are something we have to live with and interpret.

Networx updated, thanks for your help.

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.