Windows 10 upgrade and support

Started by Ng

Ng

Windows 10 upgrade and support   15 July 2015, 14:57

Windows 10 is coming, does NetWorx support it?
If I upgrade to Windows 10, will all my data continue?
I read on windows 10 upgrade forum it said possible upgrade from current windows 32bit to windows 10 64bit, if can be upgrade, same question again, all my data will continue?
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Windows 10 upgrade and support   15 July 2015, 15:25

NetWorx should work on Windows 10 without any major issues, though I am not sure whether upgrading from Windows 7/8 to Windows 10 keeps application data. It's up to Microsoft and there's no way to test it until this upgrade is available.

Just in case, I would recommend to backup NetWorx usage reports (Usage Reports - Backup) before upgrading to Windows 10.
John

Re: Windows 10 upgrade and support   01 August 2015, 12:10

I've found the graph in the task bar periodically says "networks is not running". I think it stops whenever the computer wakes from sleep. You can relaunch & it works again.

Re: Windows 10 upgrade and support   02 August 2015, 15:17

What adapter is NetWorx configured to monitor in your case?
John

Re: Windows 10 upgrade and support   03 August 2015, 06:06

Networx settings says monitored interfaces: "all network connections". MAC and IP are all zeros.

I think only the task bar graph stops working, the icon stays.

Another weird thing is windows 10 said once or twice that networx was preventing shutdown & asked if I wanted to shutdown anyway.
graeme

Re: Windows 10 upgrade and support   03 August 2015, 16:32

Hi - I have recently upgraded from windows 7 (01 Aug 2015) to windows 10 and now networx will not run - I downloaded a "fresh" version 5.4, did a complete uninstall of the current version (cleaning up the registry etc.) reinstalled it with the same results - the icon in the task bar says"Netwox is not running". I have tried restarting it but nothing changes. I then tried installing it with windows 7 compatibility with the same result. Now Microsoft says that this programme is not compatible with windows 10 - if I try to open it through the user interface nothing happens - I need to get this progamme working as we use it to monitor our bandwidth usage over our network and would hate to now have to go and find a new programme that works with windows 10 - please help. sad

Re: Windows 10 upgrade and support   06 August 2015, 13:13

Hmm it's not clear why it's happening, so I have prepared debug builds that would display additional information in a console log window.

2 John: I need to see the debug output after a sleep/resume cycle

2 graeme: I need to see the entire log and preferably a full desktop screen shot
Big

Re: Windows 10 upgrade and support   07 August 2015, 06:19

I upgraded to Windows 10 and now I can't open my images (memory management error). Any tips to solve this issue?

Re: Windows 10 upgrade and support   07 August 2015, 11:38

Not sure what you mean, NetWorx doesn't operate with any images.
JRM

Re: Windows 10 upgrade and support   08 August 2015, 23:21

I need to upgrade from win 7 ultimate 64 bit to win 10 pro 64 bit. After the upgrade will networx 5.4.1 work?

Re: Windows 10 upgrade and support   08 August 2015, 23:35

There's a problem with 5.4.1 at the moment, so, no, it won't work properly. (see the other thread for details).

J

Re: Windows 10 upgrade and support   08 August 2015, 23:39

Big

I upgraded to Windows 10 and now I can't open my images (memory management error). Any tips to solve this issue?

Why do you even think that it's a Networx issue?

or do you mean:
- it will not show the graphic icon in the tool bar -
???

Re: Windows 10 upgrade and support   09 August 2015, 10:12

JRM

I need to upgrade from win 7 ultimate 64 bit to win 10 pro 64 bit. After the upgrade will networx 5.4.1 work?

It will, however if you have WinPCap installed, you will need to remove it from the system or install one for Windows 10.
John

Re: Windows 10 upgrade and support   10 August 2015, 12:23

I haven't seen the "networx has stopped working" in a while.

I think it was something wrong with windows 10. Also had opera browser crashing, reinstalled adobe flash and opera- It may sound strange, but I think that's when I stopped getting the networx error.

Thanks for the replies, I'll try debug if it happens again.
charly

Re: Windows 10 upgrade and support   10 August 2015, 22:14

I have the same problem. Not running. I try hard 3 Days. try many versions. Always Networkx not running

Re: Windows 10 upgrade and support   10 August 2015, 22:47

Is networx.exe present in the process list? What about the icon in notification area?

SoftPerfect support forum
azeunkn0wn

Re: Windows 10 upgrade and support   11 August 2015, 06:44

Uninstall - reboot - download new copy of installer - install - reboot. Maybe that will fix your problem?

I upgraded from win8.1 to win10, and never had any problems with networx. b=But I'm using winCap driver since TDI and WPF drivers have issue with Torrents.
aki

Re: Windows 10 upgrade and support   14 August 2015, 14:22

I have been using networx portable since windows 7 without any problem but since upgraded to windows 10, on and off the networx set up screen will come on upon pc startup and the usage report will start all over again from 0. Any way to solve it.

I found that if I shut down the pc proper and boot up again it won't happen. It only happens when I press the re-start button on the pc.

Re: Windows 10 upgrade and support   14 August 2015, 23:45

Perhaps try using a newer version (portable build)?
aki

Re: Windows 10 upgrade and support   15 August 2015, 00:18

Andrew

Perhaps try using a newer version (portable build)?

I am using the newest Ver 5.4.1
John

Re: Windows 10 upgrade and support   15 August 2015, 06:53

Andrew

2 John: I need to see the debug output after a sleep/resume cycle

I un-installed and installed the debug version from the link.

Didn't see any debug output, don't know how to open a console log. After a sleep: the system tray icon stays, the system tray toolbar that normally shows a graph of the traffic indicates networx is not running, networx shows up in task manager (said ~20MB memory).

Re: Windows 10 upgrade and support   15 August 2015, 18:47

John

Didn't see any debug output, don't know how to open a console log. After a sleep: the system tray icon stays, the system tray toolbar that normally shows a graph of the traffic indicates networx is not running, networx shows up in task manager (said ~20MB memory).

The debug version has already been removed after a week of no response. Could you perhaps instead post here a screen shot of the Main config page in your copy of NetWorx?

Re: Windows 10 upgrade and support   15 August 2015, 18:50

aki

I am using the newest Ver 5.4.1

Okay, which readings are zero then? Real-time bandwidth figures on the graph or those in Usage Reports?
aki

Re: Windows 10 upgrade and support   15 August 2015, 19:30

Andrew

Okay, which readings are zero then? Real-time bandwidth figures on the graph or those in Usage Reports?

In Usage Reports. All recorded item erased just like a newly installed networx.

Re: Windows 10 upgrade and support   17 August 2015, 15:56

aki

In Usage Reports. All recorded item erased just like a newly installed networx.

That's weird, but I am not sure why it's happening. Perhaps you could try using the installed version instead (not portable)?

Re: Windows 10 upgrade and support   19 August 2015, 11:16

I've got Networx 5.4.1 64-bit up and running well in Windows 10 Pro x64. But I noticed an oddity just today... network traffic from the new Microsoft Edge browser is not showing up in Networx graph or usage stats. Firefox (and forks), Chrome, and other Chromium-based browsers are being monitored properly in Networx as they were when I was running Win7 x64. Only the Edge browser is being ignored by Networx.

In Settings, the IP and MAC addresses are all zeroed out. Attached is a screenshot of my "Settings" window and my "IP Address Range Manager" window. Under "Networks..." I have "All networks that I connect to" enabled. "Ignore local traffic within the LAN" is ticked.

I don't have a problem using Firefox and Chrome if the Edge browser is incompatible with Networx. But I am just wondering if there is a setting somewhere that I have wrong. Are you able to see network traffic in the Networx graph when using the MS Edge browser?
Attachments:
open | download – 2015_08_18_18_02_46_Settings.jpg (73.3 KB)
open | download – 2015_08_18_18_08_41_Settings_range.jpg (44 KB)

Re: Windows 10 upgrade and support   19 August 2015, 16:52

Somehow the Edge goes undetected and this has something to do with the network driver NetWorx relies upon to filter out LAN traffic.

I guess in the future its author may implement support for the Edge, but at the moment it's not monitored when the "Ignore traffic within LAN" option is on.

Re: Windows 10 upgrade and support   27 August 2015, 02:06

It's only a beta build of Windows, and it may only be me, but I've noticed a change with 10525. For the first time since this: https://www.softperfect.com/board/read.php?8,17897

I've noticed the "zero" problem (zero when hovering over the tray icon, and no further updating in the usage reporting UI), or at least something very similar to it (I should add: still randomly and infrequently).

This is only a test build of Windows (to be released in October), so it's not expected that Networx would continue to work perfectly, but I mention it in case this is something beyond just me or if it's something related to the previous fix.

Using 5.4.1, still with Winpcap
Brian Gregory

Re: Windows 10 upgrade and support   09 September 2015, 01:16

It's not just the Edge browser.

For me Networx 5.4.1 doesn't appear to see any traffic from any Modern App (Metro app) and Edge is implemented as an app.

Re: Windows 10 upgrade and support   09 September 2015, 13:00

Then this explains the behaviour. The monitoring of Windows apps isn't currently working. Hopefully we can implement it soon.

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.